MelorK goes Crazy!!

Malaysian gal on Malaysian Life....

Sunday, July 10, 2005

London Blast.

Sometimes I felt like screaming at the idiocy of the so called Muslims... Particularly those who bomb people, innocent people who had done nothing to them except by existing. These so called terrorist who claimed to fight for Islam are not doing Islam any good. In fact their actions has misrepresented Islam in unfavourable way.

Setting aside the bad images for Islam and how Muslims particularly those who are living in London and also internationally are going to be perceived and treated after this latest of terrorist attack, I am questioning the judgement, the knowledge of the religion and the faith of the so called liberators of Islam.

I am a Muslim. I am proud to be a Muslim. I don't claim I have a very strong faith.However I think I have a reasonably strong one. I try to follow the teachings of my religion as best as I could but I am not perfect. I am not a Muslim scholar but I do know certain things especially when it is the basic principle of the religion... Correct me if I am wrong but let's see the basic teachings of Islam.

Islam=peace

Never did Islam equates itself with violence or senseless killings. Islam does stated that we need to defend our religion. However, bear in mind (for the Muslims who does have certain knowledge of Islam's history) even in the time of the prophet's that the prisoner of war receives fair treatment. They could ransomed themselves. If they could not afford it, they were offered their freedom when they taught certain numbers of the children on how to read and write. If these prisoners who just before that were at war with the Muslim fighters could be treated fairly, shouldn't we accorded a better treatment to the innocents... Men, women and children. All are innocents. Especially children.

I do admit that in certain parts of the world that the Muslims are being oppressed. Perhaps this helplessness could be attributed to the actions of these terrorist. However the ends certainly do not justify the means. If Muslims started to act like their oppressors, wouldn't that meant that we are lowering themselves to their level? Think about it. Jihad does not mean dying for Islam. It meant to fight for Islam. Studying and gaining knowledge are considered Jihad too. Peaceful negotiations is part of Jihad. Anything for the betterment of Islam is Jihad.

Therefore does the act of terrorism is Jihad? Does it brings any benefits to Islam?
Not only does it violates the basic priciple of the religion but it only makes Islam being perceives negatively.

I certainly hope the budding terrorist among the Muslim youth wherever they are try to understand the religion better before blindly follows the dictates of others who merely manipulates and twisted the religion for their own purposes.....

My heart goes out to the London Blast's victims and the people that they leave behind. I know condemnation of the act is not enough. We have to start to educate the Muslims to be aware that this act is not the way to go...

3 Comments:

At 10:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

 
At 11:01 pm, Blogger Melorina said...

To anonymous,

thanx.. Hmm where did I find it? If u meant the write up, it's my own writing.

Or did u meant the site mentioned by the editor choice?

 
At 3:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home