MelorK goes Crazy!!

Malaysian gal on Malaysian Life....

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Happy Birthday Malaysia!!

Happy Birthday Malaysia.....

Traffic jams, haze, snatch thieves, overpriced and lousy national cars (certain particular models), overdue for retirements politicians, declining educational standards and many more. Despite all these warts, I still love you Malaysia. Not just for the nasi lemak, teh tarik and 24 hours mamak stalls/restaurants. I am forever eternally grateful that the normal closing time for shops are 10 p.m or at least they stay open until 8 p.m when I discover to my horrors that shops in certain countries closed at 5.00 p.m!!!

I do love you because of the reasons above. However its your people that inspire pride in my heart.. To achieve so much in such a short time, truly something to be proud of. There is no need to mention of the achievements for they are in front of our eyes.

Nevertheless, the hard work does not stops here. There are enormous potentials to be mined within the heart of Malaysia.A great deal of improvements to ensure the continuity of your achievements.

I am grateful to those who before us fought for the independence. I would like to express my appreciation to our former prime minister Dr. Mahathir for setting the foundation for future Malaysian greatness...

At the moment, I plead with the younger generations not to waste or take for granted all the determination that our forefathers put into the building of the nation. Younger generations do not necessarily means the youth or the teens.... The adults that are leading this country and have taken the mantle of the nations former great leaders, there are big challenges that lay ahead. It is not enough to maintain the development. To do so meant the nation to be in a stagnant situation. Without growth, it is hard or impossible to maintain the greatness in Malaysia.

Happy Birthday Malaysia. Let's hope that your children knows what they are doing and you will continue to celebrate your birthdays with pride.

1 Comments:

At 4:23 pm, Blogger SooHK said...

hence I belog in BM........lor... so how are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home