MelorK goes Crazy!!

Malaysian gal on Malaysian Life....

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Peak period to Super Peak!!

As an auditor, there is always a period defined as peak period which usually would be the first 3 months of the year as the companies usually have Dec year end. As for me, in my department we had a brief informal briefing for all the new staff (those who were fresh grads and had less than a year experience) with our department directors regarding the peak period. Basically how to survive it in one piece. It is taken for granted that we will survive it, it just in what form that we come out after the period end. In fact they even mentioned that nowadays there are no so called off peak period. thus the original peak period could be deemed as a super peak period!! Gosh... these ppl!! However, because of these kind of things (i.e team working and hands on approach by the top management) that I love (ok... that might be putting it a bit too thick!!!) my work.. most of the time. Sure it can be a bit sucky at times, but I learnt to take it all in one at a time. It also helps that most of my colleagues and superiors (i.e seniors and managers) are nice. Even the not so nice ones are tolerable which thankfully very few. Hopefully this current trend will continue in the future. Haha.. I felt as if I am bragging about my good fortunes!! Can't help it though!

Anyway, being an auditor also allows me to explore my adventurous side!! Finally gotten to know n drive around KL!! Only certain roads though. Jalan Ampang, Jalan Tun Razak and Jalan Sultan Ismail... I have yet to explore other roads but I am sure there would be plenty of opportunity in the future!!! You may ask why am I so happy to just get to know the roads in KL?? The obvious reason would be because I have the lousiest sense of direction ever and prior to audit life I have been relying on the mercy of public transportation as well as friends and families to get around KL which doesn't happen too often since I am content to go places nearer to home.

Oh, well. Gotta go. Those AWPs (Audit Working Papers) are waiting for me. No rest for the wicked.